A gift to The Meredith Fund will help improve care for injured children around the world.
See what the American College of Surgeons’ 2014 Distinguished Service Award recipient Dr. J. Wayne Meredith has to say about pediatric trauma and our mission:
A priority of the Childress Institute is to fund initiatives that raise the quality of care for severely injured kids.
We believe the best way to do this is to:
- Fund research and share findings to improve care
- Provide pediatric trauma education with EMS, paramedics, nurses and doctors across U.S.
- Advocate for programs and support that will give kids a better chance of survival
- Increase collaboration among pediatric trauma professionals and caregivers
We fund and manage programs and projects like:
- The Childress Summit II that brought leaders in pediatric trauma care together to identify key projects to quickly impact improvement
- Collaborations with EMS for Children, The NASCAR Foundation and other organizations to develop, facilitate and disseminate pediatric trauma education
- Strategic planning with the National Institutes of Health and other national and international advocates on behalf of injured children and their families to improve the system of care for everyone
This year we will spend:
- Regional pediatric trauma conference – $5,000
- First responder kits and education at regional EMS conference – $7,500
- International web symposium – $10,000
- Pediatric Fundamental Critical Care Support two-day education course in Alabama – $18,000
- Web-based medical education platform (idea developed at Childress Summit II) – $37,500
- Mobile simulation lab for rural outreach and to provide pediatric trauma education and training to regional caregivers – $125,000
The Institute relies on philanthropic donations to fund this important work. Its people like you, giving gifts of all sizes that make this work possible.
Please consider making a gift to support the Meredith Fund today. It only takes a few minutes to give online, but the effects of your gift can be felt for a lifetime. When you save a child, you save a childhood, a family, a future. There is no greater return on an investment.
For more information, view our blogs or watch our archived web symposiums.