A gift to The Concussion Care Fund will help young athletes and their families understand how to play safer and smarter sports.
A priority of the Childress Institute is to fund initiatives to help prevent and treat injuries in youth sports and recreation activities.
We believe the best way to do this is to:
- Share the prevention information we know works
- Recognize and treat mTBIs quickly to give kids a better chance of a full recovery
- Discover new and better ways to treat injuries in youth sports, especially concussions and other forms of mTBIs
We fund and manage programs and projects like:
This year we will spend:
- $50,000 on concussion research in youth athletes
- $35,000 on concussion education programs for athletic trainers, coaches, parents and players
- $10,000 on youth football Heads Up clinics
- Over $1,000 on bike safety events
The Institute relies on philanthropic donations to fund this important work. Its people like you, giving gifts of all sizes that make this work possible.
Please consider making a gift to support our Concussion Care Fund today. It only takes a few minutes to give online, but the effects of your gift can be felt for a lifetime. When you save a child, you save a childhood, a family, a future. There is no greater return on an investment.
For more information, view our blogs or download our Concussion Facts.